Special Episode: Book of Lamentations
2600 years ago, tradition says the prophet Jeremiah wrote Lamentations during and after the siege of Jerusalem, while witnessing emptiness on its once-crowded streets. Lament and hope with us during a Blue Gospel Scripts version of his words.
Online Premiere: Saturday, June 6, 7pm
“Though The Lord brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love.” ~ Lamentations 3:32
Had the prophet Jeremiah written his Lamentations in our day, he would’ve recruited a band from Beale Street in Memphis and sung the blues. In early March, we visited “The Home of the Blues” to record 5 songs, each one addressing one of the 5 chapters of Jeremiah’s Book of Lamentations.
Join us for a Blue Gospel Scripts Special Episode on June 6 at 7pm – the online premiere of our Book of Lamentations. We’re excited to share 5 soul-stirring songs by Dave LeMieux, take a closer look at Memphis, its troubled history, and its legendary recording scene, and embrace and express the grief of our current global challenges.
As Jeremiah and his contemporaries learned, sometimes recovery is slow-cooked over low heat, giving us plenty of time to pray – to reflect or repent – to see and to sing about what we’ve lost – and to celebrate what’s beginning.
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
- There are 52 episodes. Presenting one every 3 weeks will take us through the entire Bible in 3 years (the amount of time Paul spent in the desert preparing for ministry, and the amount of time Jesus spent in active public ministry).
- We need to present each episode once before we can move to Phase 2… every 3 weeks helps us get there faster (every month would take 4 years).
- We think it’s a good amount of time to chew on the huge amount of Scripture in each Script and not be overwhelmed but be able to remember the thread from one Script to the next.
- For now, we’re putting up clips of each performance the Monday after the show in the “Previous Episodes” section – click here.
- After we complete the first cycle (in July 2022), we’ll start again, but this time, film the live performance of each Script.
- Click here to watch a 20-minute sample of how the final finished video library might look (with post-production graphics to add key elements from the screen)
Tickets - Registration Open
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
June 6, 2020
7:00 – 8:00 PM