Kings & Prophets, Part 4:
Spit on Absalom’s Monument
The Scripture about Prince Absalom threatening David’s throne.
March 21, 2020 | 3pm
The Rock Community Church
“If you ever start feeling like you have the craziest family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes [later], you’ll be going, ‘you know, we’re alright. We’re dang near royalty.’” – Jeff Foxworthy
“Shame and Scandal in the Family,” says the song. Compare David’s humble beginnings to the secrets, lies, and dark ambitions of some of his sons.
Discover the origin of why locals in modern Jerusalem expectorate to express their general displeasure with children rebelling against their parents.
Charles Pope, Bible study leader to the U.S. Congress, once said “Of all the great Patriarchs of the Old Testament, David is among the greatest – warrior and King, composer and conqueror, unifier and organizer, a man after God’s own heart. But, although he brought unity to 12 contentious tribes, his own family was in a ruinous condition.”
Beyond this, we invite you into a unique outlook on intriguing things like why Joab didn’t count the tribe of Benjamin in a census ordered by the king. This is your opportunity with new and fresh perspective to, as David’s Psalm says to his soul, “Put your hope in God.”
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
Tickets - Registration Open Soon
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
March 21, 2020
3:00 – 4:30 PM
The Rock Community Church