Kings & Prophets, Part 3:
The City of David
The Scripture about King David’s messed-up life.
March, 2020 | 5pm
Highline Community Church
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.” – Winston Churchill
The current excavation work being done just outside the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem is literally groundbreaking. Archaeologists make new discoveries every week.
Dive into the ongoing dig in Kings & Prophets, Part 3. We’ll leave the state-of-the-art unearthing techniques to the prehistorians while we mine Scripture, sifting lessons found in David’s city.
“Who am I, and what is my family, that You’ve brought me this far?” David asked God. “And as if this weren’t enough in Your sight, You’ve also spoken about my descendants – a decree for the whole human race.” We invite you into David’s humanity – to share his genuine love for God and to mourn his unforgettable failure with Bathsheba.
Before we can (as the song says) “Dance as David Danced,” it’s best we prepare ourselves to meet him somewhere in the middle of Psalm 51: “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
- There are 52 episodes. Presenting one every 3 weeks will take us through the entire Bible in 3 years (the amount of time Paul spent in the desert preparing for ministry, and the amount of time Jesus spent in active public ministry).
- We need to present each episode once before we can move to Phase 2… every 3 weeks helps us get there faster (every month would take 4 years).
- We think it’s a good amount of time to chew on the huge amount of Scripture in each Script and not be overwhelmed but be able to remember the thread from one Script to the next.
- For now, we’re putting up clips of each performance the Monday after the show in the “Previous Episodes” section – click here.
- After we complete the first cycle (in July 2022), we’ll start again, but this time, film the live performance of each Script.
- Click here to watch a 20-minute sample of how the final finished video library might look (with post-production graphics to add key elements from the screen)
Tickets - Registration Open Soon
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
March 21, 2020
5:00 – 6:30 PM
Highline Community Church