Kings & Prophets, Part 2:
Killing the Lord’s Anointed
The Scripture about King David’s taking over Israel.
February 29, 2020 | 5pm
Highline Community Church
“…the arrogance of the idealist who doesn’t realize how easily he can be fooled.” – Frank O’Connor
Take a giant step past “David and Goliath” into a fresh perspective on David’s flight from King Saul and eventual ascension to the throne of Israel as its second king.
Meet the psalmist/soon-to-be king on the cliffs of En Gedi where he says, “the birds of the sky nest by the waters; they sing among the branches.”
As the balance of power in ancient Israel shifts from Benjamin to Judah, discover shifty characters like Joab playing all sides. And enter the Cave of Adullam, where mighty soldiers defected from Saul’s army to David’s. See things come full circle in an unforgettable way for Saul as he dies and is buried under a tamarisk tree.
As a bonus, take a fascinating video journey through modern Hebron – site of David’s ancient coronation, and of today’s Palestinian/Israeli contested space known as H1 and H2.
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
- There are 52 episodes. Presenting one every 3 weeks will take us through the entire Bible in 3 years (the amount of time Paul spent in the desert preparing for ministry, and the amount of time Jesus spent in active public ministry).
- We need to present each episode once before we can move to Phase 2… every 3 weeks helps us get there faster (every month would take 4 years).
- We think it’s a good amount of time to chew on the huge amount of Scripture in each Script and not be overwhelmed but be able to remember the thread from one Script to the next.
- For now, we’re putting up clips of each performance the Monday after the show in the “Previous Episodes” section – click here.
- After we complete the first cycle (in July 2022), we’ll start again, but this time, film the live performance of each Script.
- Click here to watch a 20-minute sample of how the final finished video library might look (with post-production graphics to add key elements from the screen)
Tickets - Registration Open Soon
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
February 29, 2020
5:00 – 6:30 PM
Highline Community Church