Judges & Ruth:
And Chaos Ensued
The Scripture where everyone did as they saw fit. Yikes.
December 28, 2019 | 5pm
Highline Community Church
“It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would’ve been had it never shone.” – John Steinbeck
Compare shockingly influential Canaanite gods with the too-easily-discarded God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. The Israelites proved how easily they could anger God by misplacing their worship.
The Book of Judges invites us into a series of cautionary tales; some simple like Jephthah and his daughter, and some unique in their complexity like Samson and his strength.
Discover the real secret of Samson’s strength (it wasn’t just the hair, was it?), and connect with his story from the formidable Nazirite vow his parents made before his birth to his very public end. Samson’s death is one of the best case studies of how God administers justice on earth even in spite of the judge. Get ready to see it in a new light.
And we guarantee you’ll love the Book of Ruth once you’ve dived in to the backstory of a time in Israel’s history like no other: no king or prime minister, not many abiding by the safety of the Law of Moses… except Boaz and Ruth, great-grandparents of king David.
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
Tickets - Registration Open Soon
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
December 28, 2019
5:00 – 6:30 PM
Highline Community Church