Genesis, Part 2:
The Struggle is Real
The Scripture about God’s covenant through Abraham.
August 24, 2019 | 3pm
Gates Concert Hall, Newman Center for the Performing Arts
“Some get things at bargain-sale prices, others only at famine prices. But it is no use grumbling. Whatever price you are asked, you must pay.” – W. H. Auden
“Peace in the Middle East” – fun phrase. But this is no beauty pageant. This is the real world, and we can’t afford to ignore Israel.
Genesis, Part 2 is uniquely designed to illuminate Israel’s backstory, helping us discover anew the dangers of prejudice and hyper-nationalism in the region.
The best way to simplify a complex thing (like when kids learn the alphabet) is to put it into song. Why is Palestine called Palestine? Why do Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza not want to be a part of Israel? Why does Israel consider 1948 the year of liberation while Palestine calls it the year of occupation? What song has the answers?
We guarantee you’ll love the way this episode mixes melodies, spoken word, videos of current events, and ancient Biblical history into an easily digestible encyclopedia of Israel.
What people say
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
3:00 – 4:30 PM
Robert & Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts (Gates Concert Hall)
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli