Book of Joshua:
Jericho’s Just the Beginning
The Scripture where Joshua enters the Promised Land.
December 7, 2019 | 3pm
The Rock Community Church
“Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
Fun story – once upon a time the sun stood still and the moon stopped. It was a day unique in history. Discover how it happened in the Book of Joshua.
As one of the very best soldiers in the Army of the Lord, Joshua not only fought the battle of Jericho, but many other battles in Israel’s new footprint – The Promised Land.
You’ll love how Blue Gospel Scripts interprets simple songs which have proven their durability and invite you into the story – such as “Get Away Jordan” and “Down by the Riverside.” This is your opportunity to increase your understanding of Israel’s geography and border wars then and now. We guarantee you’ll be intrigued by the Golan Heights, for example.
Save room for the icing on the cake – an artistic interpretation of Psalm 90 (the only Psalm of Moses), including his heartfelt plea, “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” This Psalm was no secret to Joshua – and neither will it be now to us.
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
Tickets - Registration Open Soon
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
December 7, 2019
3:00 – 4:30 PM
The Rock Community Church