Book of Job:
The Trouble I've Seen
The scripture where satan learns his limitations on earth.
January 18, 2020 | 3pm
The Rock Community Church
“Wheels of fire – cosmic, rich, full-bodied honest victories over desperation.” – Thomas Merton
God said “Have you considered my servant, Job?” Satan not only “considered” Job, he confounded him with a powerful and shadowy assault – for which Job blamed God.
It’s amazing how a righteous man like Job never once considered his assailant might be someone other than God. As far as we know, he never discovered the truth.
We guarantee you’ll gain a new appreciation for the ongoing struggle between mankind and God’s fallen angel who still roams the earth because he didn’t value his proper position in the heavenly realm. Learn how to spot satan at work (though he’d prefer to keep his methods a secret). We have something of value Job didn’t have – The Book of Job.
Because we have The Book of Job, we can save ourselves considerable confusion when we feel we’re being attacked. No longer should mankind default to blaming God for everything. In the same way satan “considered” Job, surely he has reason to “consider” others.
- A multimedia stage production, about 90 minutes long
- No traditional sermon – tons of Biblical content
- Excellence in performance from musicians and speakers
- “Blue Gospel” songs which enhance the story and sometimes alter perspective through exposition
- Video of pertinent Biblical locations and on-screen interviews with Israeli tour guides and other relevant experts
- Monologues with heart, depth, and humor
- To leave with a fresher understanding of God’s actions throughout history and the timeless, urgent implications of the Good News.
- Blue Gospel Scripts is best suited for middle school through early retirement. We especially encourage young adults (25 & under) to attend!
- “America can be proud of many things: our innovation, generosity, and entrepreneurial spirit are unsurpassed. Yet when it comes to our nation understanding one of the greatest gifts ever given to humanity – the Bible – we are moving from dumb to dumber… and it’s no laughing matter.” – Ed Stetzer
- “[We] revere the Bible – but, by and large, [we] don’t read it. And because [we] don’t read it, [we] have become a nation of Biblical illiterates.”– Gallup & Castelli
- There are 52 episodes. Presenting one every 3 weeks will take us through the entire Bible in 3 years (the amount of time Paul spent in the desert preparing for ministry, and the amount of time Jesus spent in active public ministry).
- We need to present each episode once before we can move to Phase 2… every 3 weeks helps us get there faster (every month would take 4 years).
- We think it’s a good amount of time to chew on the huge amount of Scripture in each Script and not be overwhelmed but be able to remember the thread from one Script to the next.
- For now, we’re putting up clips of each performance the Monday after the show in the “Previous Episodes” section – click here.
- After we complete the first cycle (in July 2022), we’ll start again, but this time, film the live performance of each Script.
- Click here to watch a 20-minute sample of how the final finished video library might look (with post-production graphics to add key elements from the screen)
Please Note: We kindly ask you to make a donation when you RSVP. A portion of your donation will sponsor students of New Life School in India (children of the Durgapur brothel).
Date & Time
January 18, 2020
3:00 – 4:30 PM
The Rock Community Church